Wednesday, December 19, 2012

IOUSA in 2024, yo!

   I am 30, the US continued its path on greediness, and steadily increased our national debt. We are way over $16,000,000,000,000 in debt to other countries. The economy definitely became worse over the course of 12 years. I am married now, and have a child of my own. For a living, I am a psychologist and I sing opera in my spare time. But, these steep tax increases have drastically decreased my middle class living environment. Tax increases were made to attempt to appease the rising national debt, but no such luck was produced. Healthcare is extremely high and inflation has occurred. due to the fiscal cliffs each year. Home equity is ridiculous and property taxes are as high as they ever have been.
 
 In addition, everyday prices on essential goods are overpriced and there is a tax on purchasing any items in Oregon. My family lives pay check to pay check and we have no extra money to spend on ourselves. The US has not learned its lesson on over-spending, and because of this, citizens are suffering to a preposterous amount. I am so perplexed at how the US government lacked the effort to create a intelligent solution to this torturous epidemic. Selfishness and a temporary easy lifestyle nurtured our debt and its outcome is devastating. I do not know if we will be able to change, but I pray for the sake of my future grandchildren, we do.

 Why can't the government work together and really put in the effort to fix our feeble nation?

No comments:

Post a Comment